5 Reasons to Say ‘Yes’ to Barre Fitness by Carol Webber and adapted by Dena Cronholm
Maybe you’ve seen barre fitness classes cropping up in your area. Typically barre class is a combination of ballet, Pilates, yoga, and functional training, and class is choreographed and taught to motivating, beat-driven music. Barre class is definitely trending, so should you try it? Here’s 5 reasons to say, “Yes!”
- Barre classes are FUN, but they also get results. Since you get out of your workout what you put in, it’s smart to pick a workout you enjoy. When you look forward to exercising, you will stay consistent. And everyone knows, consistency pays off! Students who attend 3-4 classes per week achieve optimum results.
- The small, isometric moves of barre class are designed to work each muscle to fatigue, followed by a specific stretch for each muscle group. Each class is designed to tone the upper body, shape and define your thighs, lift your seat, and improve your core strength. This amazing full body work will reduce pressure on your joints, tendons, ligaments, and spine.
- Barre classes improve posture, alignment, and flexibility. Through focused stretching, an improved range-of-motion is one of the greatest benefits of barre exercise.
- Barre class works the entire body from head to toe, but many of the workouts target the largest muscle groups, like the thighs and glutes. The leaner the larger muscles are, the more calories burned at a resting state. As you continue to build lean muscle mass, you will increase your energy as well as raise your metabolic rate, which can help you expend more calories. Remember, “you cannot out work a bad diet,” but lean muscle does weigh more than fat, so students are wise to pay close attention to how they look and feel, and to focus on inches lost over weight loss. Working hard from head to toe in barre class, attending consistently and eating clean will guarantee you to look and feel longer, leaner and more energized!
- This dynamic workout includes resistance training with light weights, resistance bands, balls, and of course, the barre! You will never get bored coming to barre class, and results can be seen in as early as one month.
Chiseled arms, a sculpted back, flat abs, a lifted seat and great results in all those tough-to-tone areas will keep you coming back for more. So, if you’re looking for a fun, motivating workout that gets you results quickly, come check out a Belliston Barre class. Your happy hour is waiting for you at the barre!